Search This Blog

Monday 29 October 2012

Jack and the Beanstalk Anyone would wonder the rational behind publishing this story in this blog. I still could recall the days when my mom used to tell this story  when I was young. She used her mother tongue when these stories were told. Nowadays I wonder how could she knew these stories because she never had her formal education properly when she was young. Si Tanggang and Batu Belah Batu Bertangkup were the other Malay stories she used to tell me. However Jack and the Beanstalk is always my favourite bedtime story. I used to ask many questions to my mom regarding the existence of giant, magic beans and so on. She never failed to answer my questions. Mom was my first educator who instilled the habit of listening to stories where at later part helped me to become an avid reader of story books. Fairy tales in one way nurture positive values among students. It will help students to understand cross-cultural values of other communities in this world. Teachers should start telling these stories again..... 

1 comment: